Nocuts

Pictures of art, origami, backyard, family and animal pets we have.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Florida, United States

Being an art teacher, I have many interests. One of which is Origami. In this blog, I wish to share with friends and family pictures of what I have been up to, life on our small farm, and possibly some other art work I or my son do. I hope you enjoy my small speck in the net.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Star of David Money Fold


I bought the book "Making More With Money" published by Origami USA about four years ago. I wanted this book mainly for the Star of David fold designed by Fred Rohm. However, I was disappointed to learn that to make it , you had to use landmarks on the dollar bill. It has been in the back of my head all this time. There must be a way to figure out how to make this model from any size rectangle of the same proportions without using the landmarks from the dollar bill, and without using major math skills of which I have none. While in church a few weeks ago, not thinking about this in any way, WHAM! it hit me. It was so simple. I had to try it out right then during the sermon before I forgot. The following are some examples. I am awe struck at the wonder of God's creation of the human mind and how it works.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger barefeetbilly said...

dEFINITLY BLOG WORTHY. You are off to a good start Keith.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good start, keep it up.

4:01 PM  
Blogger barefeetbilly said...

Sign up for this free service to track how many and where from visits occur!
http://www.google.com/analytics/index.html

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you post instructions to your plain paper "star of David" to the O-list? I'd be interested in learning how to do the star without using landmarks...thanks

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you would have published step by step instructions on how to make this....it might be the coolest thing I've ever seen.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home